We are delighted to announce the programme of the next scientific colloquium of the Foundation for 2014 on «Migration and Law: National and International Dimensions» that will take place on 28 May 2014.
The Kalliopi Koufa Foundation is delighted to announce the programme of the next scientific event for 2014 on «Migration and Law: National and International Dimensions» that will take place on Wednesday 28 May 2014, at 10:00 in the Conference Hall of Peiraius Bank, Katouni 12-14, 3rd floor (Ladadika), Thessaloniki.
A series of presentations will be made on this very interesting and topical issue:
First Session: Regulatory tendencies at the national and international levels
- Konstantinos Magliveras, Associate Professor, Department of Mediterranean Studies, University of the Aegean; Attorney-at-Law
The regulatory role of international law on migration
- Ioannis F. Papageorgiou, Assistant Professor, School of Political Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki; Attorney-at-Law
The European migration policy after the Stockholm program: tendencies and tensions
- Fani Galatsopoulou, Ph.D., International Organisation for Migration Office in Thessaloniki
Voluntary Returns: The projects implemented by IOM in Greece
Second Session: The new Code on Migration and Social Integration
- Angelos Syrigos, General Secretary of Population and Social Cohesion, Ministry of Interior; Assistant Professor, Department of European, International and Area Studies, Panteion University
The new institutional framework: The Code on Migration
- Andreas Takis, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Reading between the lines of the new code on migration: Integration and nationality for second generation immigrants
- Panagiotis Mantzoufas, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
The notion of the nation in the case-law of the Greek Council of State for purposes of granting of nationality to second generation immigrants
Third Session: Migration and criminal law
- Stamatis Daskalopoulos, Prosecutor, Athens Court of Appeal
Basic elements of the crime of facilitating illegal immigration committed by smugglers
- Maria Kaiafa-Gbandi, Professor, Faculty of Law, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Aggravating circumstances of supporting the unlawful migration by transporters as a criminal offence: challenges for the principle of proportionality
- Νikolaos Chatzinikolaou, Ph.D.; Attorney-at-Law
From leg. decree 3386/2005 to the new Migration Code: The fixation on symbolic criminal repression and the legislative and judicial lost opportunities for its delineation on the basis of the rule of law
Fourth Session: Legal issues of irregular migration
- Ioanna Lambiri, President, Court of First Instance, Administrative Tribunal of Thessaloniki
Departure of non-legally residing migrants from the European soil: An overview of European Union return policies and Council of Europe guidelines
- Ioannis Ktistakis, Asssistant Professor, Thrace and Bogazici Universities
Detention of irregular migrants
- Efthymios Papastavridis, Part-time Lecturer, Faculty of Law, Democritus University of Thrace; Research Fellow, Academy of Athens; Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Athens
Enhancing the operational capacity of FRONTEX to secure the external borders of Europe: within or without international law?
The subscriptions for the certificates of attendance will start at 9:30.
The conference is kindly sponsored by Sakkoulas Publications.