The “Thessaloniki Summer Courses on International Law and Human Rights” are hosted by the Foundation in the historical city of Thessaloniki, consisting of lectures, workshops and seminars conducted by prestigious academics and practitioners from all over the world, aim to bridge theory with practice and to nourish interactive dialogue. They engage every summer in the in-depth examination of a specific international law and/or human rights topic that is highly significant and current.
- The First Thessaloniki Summer Course hosted by the Foundation in the city of Thessaloniki from 1 to 10 July 2015 examined the ever-increasing importance of energy law and was titled “International Aspects and Issues of Energy Law“.
- The Second Thessaloniki Summer Course be hosted by the Foundation in the city of Thessaloniki from 27 June to 8 July 2016 dealt with the ever-increasing importance of International Environmental Law and was titled “International Environmental Governance: Contemporary Challenges and Prospects”.
- The Third Thessaloniki Summer Course hosted by the Foundation in the city of Thessaloniki from June 28 to July 8, 2017 dealt with International Humanitarian Law and was titled: “International Humanitarian Law: Current Developments and Challenges”.
- The Fourth Thessaloniki Summer Courses hosted by the Foundation in the city of Thessaloniki from June 27 to July 7, 2018 dealt with human rights protection and regional integration issues and was titled: “Human Rights Protection and Regional Integration: Can the EU be an example?”
- The Fifth Thessaloniki Summer Courses hosted by the Foundation in the city of Thessaloniki from June 26 to July 6, 2019 dealt with international economic law and was titled: “International Economic Relations and the Law: The World Economic System in Crisis”.
- The Sixth Thessaloniki Summer Courses will be held online by the Koufa Foundation from Wednesday, 23 June 2021 to Friday 2 July 2021. The topic of the summer course will relate to social rights, one of the most dynamic fields of international regulation, and it titled “Social Rights in International Law: From Theory to Practice”.
Like us on Facebook to receive updates on the 2021 Thessaloniki Summer Course & the Foundation’s other activities. If you encounter any problem when opening the webpages on the summer courses, please contact us on: email@example.com