The Institute is travelling and organizes its first scientific event in Komotini on Monday, 7 April 2014 on the “Crisis in Ukraine: Aspects of International law and International Relations”!
The Foundation travels! We can proudly announce today the first scientific event of the Foundation Kalliopi Koufa in Komotini on Monday, 7 April 2014, at 17:30, on a really topical issue, the crisis in Ukraine. The event will be held in the Old Amphitheatre of the Law School, Panagi Tsaldari 1, Komotini. The title of the event is “The Crisis in Ukraine: Aspects of International Law and International Relations” and the speakers’ line up is the following:
- Konstantinos Antonopoulos, Associate Professor of International Law, Faculty of Law, Democritus University of Thrace
Issues of the Law on the Use of Force in Ukraine
- Vassilis Grammatikas, Assistant Professor of International Law, Department of Black Sea Studies, Democritus University of Thrace
The Protection of Minorities in Ukraine and the Politics of Secession
- Miltiadis Sarigiannidis, Assistant Professor of International Law, Faculty of Law, Aristotle University of Thrace
Issues of Sovereignty and State Responsibility Arising from the Crisis in Crimea
- Sotiris Serbos, Lecturer on International Politics, Department of Social Administration and Political Science, Democritus University of Thrace and Research Fellow at the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence of the University of Athens
Euro-Atlantic Perspectives and Geopolitical Dynamics: The case of Ukraine
- Filippos Proedrou, Visiting Professor at the International Hellenic University and Lecturer on International Relations at the American College of Thessaloniki
The EU-Russia Energy Relations after the Crisis in Ukraine
The event will be opened by the Provost of Democritus University of Thrace and Professor of Public Law at Law Faculty in Thrace, Konstantinos Remelis. The event is sponsored by Sakkoulas Publications.