We are delighted to announce the programme of the first inter-disciplinary colloquium of the Foundation on the «World War I Centenary» that will take place on 3 December 2014.
The Foundation is very pleased to announce its first inter-disciplinary colloquium on the Centenary of World War I. The colloquium will take place on Wednesday, 3 December 2014, in the Conference Center of Peiraius Bank, Katouni 12-14 Ladadika, from 9:30 a.m. onwards.
The programme of the Colloquium is the following:
First Session (10:00)
- Stefanidis Ioannis, Professor, Law School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Anniversary revisionism: The [re]current debate on the causes of World War I
- Dordanas Eystratios, Assistant Professor, Department of Balkan, Slavic & Oriental Studies, University of Macedonia
“The lights went out throughout Europe”: The road to brutality during World War I
- Perraki Paroula, Professor, Department of International and European Studies, University of Macedonia, Member of the Governing Board of the Foundation
The contribution of World War I to the creation of international organizations
Second Session (11:15)
- Mpredimas Antonios, Professor, Department of Law, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
World War I reparations
- Pazartzi Foteini, Associate Professor, Department of Law, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Member of the Governing Board of the Foundation
Peace through law: The legacy of the Hague Conventions in the peaceful settlement of international disputes
- Papadaki Marilena, PhD candidate, École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales (Paris)
The emergence of international responsibility after World War I: Theory and practice
Rountable on the Legacies of World War I 100 years later (16:30)
- Michailidis Iakovos, Associate Professor, Department of History and Archeology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Historiographical debates and public perceptions in 2014 Europe
- Kairidis Dimitris, Associate Professor, Department of International, European and Area Studies, Panteion University, Member of the Governing Board of the Foundation
The legacy of World War I for Near and Middle East and “international relations” in general
- Gounaris Vasilis, Professor, Department of History and Archeology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki; Dean of the School of Human Sciences, International University of Greece
Unwanted legacies: Greece and the memories of the Great War
- Antonopoulos Konstantinos, Assistant Professor, Law School, Democritus University of Thrace, Member of the Governing Board of the Foundation
Modern Perspectives of a Century-old Crisis
The Colloquium is put under the aegis of the Municipality of Thessaloniki and the Thessaloniki Bar Association, is supported by the Thessaloniki Water Supply and Seweage Company, and is sponsored by Sakkoulas Publications.
We hope to see you all there! Attendance Certificates will be given to students. Registration open at 09:00.